TSNF2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSNF2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

news feed problems

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hunangel

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-10-24

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:02 am

My news feed on facebook keeps reposting the old stories and mixing them up with the new ones, especially from one of my friends. Did it happen to anybody else? And does anybody know why and how to fix it? I wrote an email to the admin, but nothing has changed.

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-10-15

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:09 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

By news feed do you mean YOUR news feed (ie. the one on your profile page) or the one on the home page (about your friends)?
Back to top Go down
https://tsnf2.forumotion.com
hunangel

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:41 am

the one on the home page (about my friends)
Back to top Go down
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Try adjusting your news feed preferences here: https://www.facebook.com/feed_prefs.php

Also, make sure you don't have anyone under "More About These Friends" if you don't want more about them and/or they keep appearing.
Back to top Go down
hunangel

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:05 pm

thanks for the advice, but i've already tried that, and it is still the same. Old stories keep showing up again and again.
Back to top Go down
cmtp33

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-10-22

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:07 pm

Yeah that has happen to me so many times and I get mad but its cause my 2 things, from what I've noticed. First it only for certain people like the friends that I have under "more post about this person" if they have nothing there it will just come back over and over. Another thing I've notice it happens when you visit many times certain friends again they have nothing new and they just post old post. Am not sure what to do really, am still trying to find out my self. And by the way its only in the new facebook in the old facebook there wasn't that much craziness Exclamation lol!
Back to top Go down
hunangel

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:39 am

that's funny i have the opposite case, i have repeating stories about friends i don't check out too often if not at all.. And I have only one name under "more posts about this person".
Back to top Go down
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 3:13 pm

So your saying the person under "More posts" don't appear, while you receive more info about the "Less about" people?
Back to top Go down
hunangel

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 4:11 pm

no, the person under "More posts" appear normally, just once and that's it, the less about doesn't appear at all, and people who aren't in any of these categories, but I don't check out their profiles regularly - their news appear again and again.
Back to top Go down

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:29 pm

How many people do you have in your "less about" list, if any?
You could possibly try taking all of the people out of the lists for a day, and see if this helps any.
Back to top Go down
cmtp33

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:19 pm

''How many people do you have in your "less about" list, if any?
You could possibly try taking all of the people out of the lists for a day, and see if this helps any.''

If the case is that it shows about people you hardly visit there profile my guess is that they visit more often your profile because it has happen to me as well minifeed from people I even forget they have facebook. Also I mean about the "more about list" usually have that affect when you visit alot there profile I have 4 people in that list and I get repeated minifeed from 2 which are the profiles I check more often.

Last edited by ruby1 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post edited to enable retention of appropriate required information)
Back to top Go down
cmtp33

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:20 pm

If the case is that it shows about people you hardly visit there profile my guess is that they visit more often your profile because it has happen to me as well minifeed from people I even forget they have facebook. Also I mean about the "more about list" usually have that affect when you visit alot there profile I have 4 people in that list and I get repeated minifeed from 2 which are the profiles I check more often.
Back to top Go down
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:32 pm

In theory that really shouldn't be the case, ie. facebook should not show more stories about a certain individual just because you / they visit their/your profile more.

However some people (including cmtp33 here) have said that that seems to be the case, even though facebook should not be tracking these views :S .

I suggest you try out the method stated by Kelsey and let us know how it goes

Kelsey wrote:
How many people do you have in your "less about" list, if any?
You could possibly try taking all of the people out of the lists for a day, and see if this helps any.
Back to top Go down
cmtp33

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:18 pm

Well the problem started with the new facebook before it did not do this at all. Just to clear it out and yes facebook should not do this but hey the have the live feeds now what do you expect. I just hope it doesn't turn into myspace Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:41 am

lol true.

The old facebook was much simplier.

But then there wouldn't be that big of a need for this forum Smile
Back to top Go down
hunangel

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:02 am

I think it worked, I mean the thing Kelsey suggested. Thanks a lot:). So far it seems ok. It went crazy for a little bit this morning (all my posts, my groups, etc., dissapeared and when I clicked on somebody in my friends box, a different friend's profile showed up), but I guess I'm slowly getting used this...
Back to top Go down
hunangel

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:04 am

Ok, people, scratch everything I wrote before. My favourite old news are back again! I've just logged in, and there they are. I'm getting suspicious that someone is messing with my profile...
Back to top Go down

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 pm

hmmm well thats just weird, maybe Facebook has some kind of glitch going around.
Back to top Go down
hunangel

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:29 pm

hey, now i got my own news (the ones about me) on the news feed amongst my friends stories
Back to top Go down
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:59 pm

This sounds like a serious glitch with facebook.

You mentioned that:

hunangel wrote:
I'm getting suspicious that someone is messing with my profile...

You should consider changing your facebook password to get rid of that suspicion first. (In fact you should be changing your passwords regularly for everything...that's the recommended action anyway).

Also consider running a anti-malware scan to make sure you do not have any keyloggers on your computer. You can use any anti-malware programs you may have, optionally including http://housecall.trendmicro.com .

Once we can get that suspicion out of the way we can try to further troubleshoot your problem.
Back to top Go down
hunangel

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:51 am

Thanks a lot for the advice, I changed my password 3 times and nothing has changed, except that this morning I found out that I couldn't log in, despite the fact that my e-mail and my password were definetely correct, I had to reset the password. Anyway I try run a scan (actually I did that before a few times too) and I'll see.
Back to top Go down
hunangel

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

so i ran the scan this morning, it found some worms (about 5000!), it cleaned it, i checked my fb profile a moment ago and it is still the same. so i don't know...
Back to top Go down
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:28 am

After you clean your computer doesn't mean that it'll change your FB right away. The worms don't directly affect your FB profile.

Because your computer seemed to have so many worms it'll possible that someone was "spying" you on (keylogger), using your password to get into your account and making changes. Since you mentioned you couldn't login to your account (bad password) it certainly seems to point to the keylogger situation.

What scan did you use to scan your system? In addition to the link above, try running any other anti-malware software you may have.

After scanning & cleaning monitor your FB profile for any changes you did not make, as well as the initial problem here, for the next few days and let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
hunangel

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:10 pm

I used the link above and I have the Spyware Terminator installed on my laptop, I ran it too. The Terminator found a Trojan Horse, the kind that hackers use to controll your computer and the passwords (according to the Terminator). It should be clean now, I'll try to check the FB for the next days and let you know about the progress. Thank you all for your help.
Back to top Go down
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:08 pm

Let us know whether the problem is resolved or not Smile

Oh and sorry for the bad grammar in my previous post, I was typing it during school and half of my focus was making sure the teacher didn't see me :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

news feed problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: news feed problems   news feed problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

news feed problems
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next