TSNF2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSNF2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why can't I change my name on facebook?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Why can't I change my name on facebook? Empty
PostSubject: Why can't I change my name on facebook?   Why can't I change my name on facebook? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:16 am

Answer: If you are trying to change your name to just an initial (ie. from "John Doe" to "John D") The facebook terms now state that you must provide your full, real name in order to use the site (ie. no nicknames / initials). You may have seen previous accounts with initials, and that was because those accounts were created prior to this new rule, and apparantely Facebook decided to not bother those people (yet) with this rule.

If you have a name that is of a popular celebrity (eg. Luongo, Gretzky, Spears, Cyrus, Gomez) facebook may have blocked those names in order to reduce the number of fake profiles out there. If that is the case, you may have to contact facebook to get this resolved.
Back to top Go down
https://tsnf2.forumotion.com

Why can't I change my name on facebook?
Page 1 of 1