TSNF2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TSNF2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tracking on Facebook?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
funnytim
Admin / Founder
Admin / Founder

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Tracking on Facebook? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking on Facebook?   Tracking on Facebook? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:25 pm

Q: Do people that are not your friends on facebook know if you look at their profile?

A: Whether the person is a member of facebook or not does not matter.

The Facebook terms do not allow this to happen (for anything, including, but not limited to, pictures, videos, and the profile page itself). ie. Facebook does not allow users to track profile views or see statistics on how often a particular piece of content has been viewed and by whom.

There have been several applications that have claimed to do this in the past, but they either didn't work or were removed by facebook for violating its privacy terms.

Third party developers, however, may offer applications that provide some of this functionality.

1. Applications cannot track profile views for users who simply visit another person's profile. Facebook has made this technically impossible.
2. In order to be tracked by an application, you must explicitly agree to allow the application to access your information.
3. Adding an application that provides this functionality is purely optional. If you do not want to participate, please do not add the application to your account.

Unlike myspace, Facebook's philosphy is to let users view what they want without others knowing what they viewed.

So you can check out that cute guy/girl with no worries about them finding out, but unfortunately you will not be able to find out who has been viewing yours.
Back to top Go down
https://tsnf2.forumotion.com

Tracking on Facebook?
Page 1 of 1